White Beach, Okinawa
Great for groups & families (lots of camper trailers available) & couples (recommend cabins on top of the hill)
Located on North (& west) of island @ White Beach Naval Base; About 30 minute drive from Gate 2 at Kadena AB
Tel: 642-2264 (White Beach MWR)
Cost: Free entrance to DOD beaches
- Cabins (located on “Snuggler’s Cove Bluff”). See picture above and slideshow.
- Sea side campers – trailers for rent just 60 yards from the beach ($30-35 per night depending on size of trailer); campers have water and gas hookups (2-burner cooking stove), as well as bathing & restroom facilities.
- Beach-side playgrounds for the kids, restrooms with showers, picnic pavilions, and firepits for barbecuing
- Camping spots
- Free pool (open spring-fall) – Mid May thru end Oct
- Available for rent: watersports gear (sailboat, windsurfing, jetski, paddle boats). Note that they will not rent out the gear when certain ships are in the port.
Notes: Bring sandals or water shoes (lots of coral & seaglass on beach)
Two main beach areas, swimming restricted to one side. Note that a ton of coral is exposed at low tide, so plan on swimming at high tide time. Very quiet area of the island, super relaxing.
White Beach Cabins:
- House 1-6 people
- Private bathroom
- Indoor & outdoor furniture
- Air conditioned
- Refrigerator, stove, dishware, TV & DVD player, BBQ Grill (firepit)
- Beach is accessible directly via stairs (a fairly substantial climb/descent – not the best for those with real little kiddos for going up and down)
- Dining available at the Ocean Cliff Club (limited hours) & at fast food facilities (pizza, burgers)
- Small shoppette
- Cabins range in cost from $45-75 per night. Weekly and monthly discounts available.
Important phone numbers
Navy White Beach Rec Center Office: 642-2264 or -2207
Cabin Reservations: 634-6952 or -6592 or 6342. OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More pictures and information available here…